The Office Manager role helps create the vibe of the Emplify culture and is critical to our team members’ happiness. The Office Manager role creates a work environment that inspires and enables team members to do the best work of their life while at Emplify. You will represent the Emplify brand, often serving as the first impression welcoming future customers, future team members, and visitors. You will create smooth and organized ‘company-level’ experiences with programming and events and provide limited administrative assistance to our CEO.
As the Office Manager you will work with all teams across Emplify. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and well-organized professional who will proactively look to make improvements to the Emplify team office experience. At Emplify, we look for people who are passionate about improving the working lives of others. This role is located in our Fishers, IN HQ.
A Day in the Life
- Kickstart the morning for our team by arriving by 8:30am to set up the office for team members, including making coffee and preparing conference rooms for the day
- Welcome team members and visitors as they arrive
- Check the CEO’s calendar for the day to look for updates
- Answer incoming calls and directing to the right person
- Help a team member with their phone plan or with a conference room setup
- Check your Slack channels and communicate updates
- Assist our Director of Talent with onboarding new Emplifiers
- Meet with VP, Finance on the facilities improvement plan
- Assist Finance team on approving invoices and depositing checks
- Take a call from the CEO to help him navigate an out-of-state trip
- Prep and coordination for the weekly all company Thursday lunch
- Make sure snacks, drinks and all office supplies are stocked for the next day before heading out for the day at 5:00pm
What we look for
- A passion for working with people and creating an office experience that delights the team
- Mental toughness or as we say ‘grit’
- Flexibility and adaptability in the startup world is essential
- Strong organizational and planning ability in a fast-paced startup environment
- Natural curiosity and commitment to continual improvement
- Google Suite aficionado (Gmail, Gdocs, and Gcal) preferred
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 10lbs
- Familiarity with Slack
What makes us Extraordinary!
- We are on a mission to help all people achieve their true potential at work
- Training dollars for learning and growth, including a Lunch-n-Learn series
- We believe rest is necessary for excellence and trust our team to self manage PTO
- BYOD culture with a monthly Tech stipend
- Catered all-team ‘family-style’ lunch every Thursday
- We believe in celebrating meaningful progress together & benefit from transparency at all levels
Emplify is a Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.